The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
The Senior Superintendent provides overall leadership for maintainging a safe work place, on-site field administration, supervision and technical management for all construction operations, including direct supervision of assistants, foreman, subcontractors, and other construction related personnel.
- Assist Preconstruction and Project Management to develop an initial project schedule and communicate sequence and schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce a project site logistics plan and temporary facilities plan.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project site specific safety program
- Actively participate and/or lead post-bid, buyout, Owner/Architect/Contractor, coordination, lead team, subcontractor, staff, scheduling, and post-mortem meetings.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program
- Review and monitor all jobsite control reporting measures including daily reports, payroll, quantity reporting, and timesheets.
- Working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts.
- Review and provide feedback on all purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Perform a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts or interpretation issues to mitigate risk.
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals.
- Ensure that all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations, and Equal Employment Opportunity are met.
- Understand all trade contractor’s means and methods in accordance with project contract documents.
- Develop and execute a plan for monitoring the completion of punch list items and coordinate all required field inspections.
- In the absence of other Superintendents, the Sr. Superintendent assumes all duties and responsibilities of the Superintendent I and II.
- Promote the growth and development of client, subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Evaluate, monitor, and update equipment needs and uses for the project.
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable OSHA requirements
- Maintain current certifications for First Aid and CPR
- Demonstrated mastery of skills in these areas: managing site activity, labor relations and union agreements, anticipating and resolving field related issues, establishing and enforcing site schedule requirements, managing site safety and insurance risks, interpersonal skills, mathmatical computation skills, and ability to communicate both written and oral, and leadership
- Demonstrated success in managing or potential to manage large, single construction projects/phases and multiple Superintendents
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: Silver Spring, MD