Water System Operator Class 1
The Town of Poolesville is currently accepting applications for Water System Operator Class 1.
We are a small town in western Montgomery County, a historic, family-oriented community with friendly neighborhoods and successful small businesses. Our culture is family focused, team oriented, collaborative, supportive and this position offers on-going development and training.
The Town of Poolesville offers competitive pay and excellent benefits including:
• Health and Dental Insurance (100% Employer Paid)
• 401(a) Retirement Plan (10% Employer contribution)
• Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Vacation, Personal and Sick Leave
• 12 Paid Holidays
The successful candidate must be a motivated individual having the skills or willing to learn skills in water system operation, equipment operation, basic construction, electrical and plumbing.
• Have a valid driver’s license. Provide a copy of driving record
• The position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work in all weather conditions.
• The successful candidate must attend required training sessions and earn necessary licenses during their first year of employment.
• Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent and must be willing to submit to a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
• Normal work hours are Monday – Friday 6:30 am to 3:00 pm and must be able to work overtime as needed and in a “on-call” rotation.
• Entry level - $17.20/hour.
• Experienced – Hourly rate increases commensurate with qualifications and certifications.
Equal opportunity employer