Specialist, Contract Senior
Spectrum Health System Grand Rapids, MI Full-time Administration / Clerical
Posted on September 22, 2021
Specialist, Contract Senior
- With the collaboration of a dynamic facilities team, this position acts as key contact and subject matter expert for all real estate related contracting activities system-wide. Develops and maintains relationships and serves as the key point of communication with outside parties regarding all Spectrum Health real estate services business system-wide to ensure that the goals of the organization are met. Staff members in this position are effective and self-sufficient in working within a diverse selection of contracts and suppliers.
- Develops and maintains relationships and serves as the key point of communication with outside parties regarding all Spectrum Health real estate services business system-wide including but not limited to; landlords, tenants, facility managers, and suppliers in order to support the organization’s facility objectives and real estate strategies.
- Leads in the development, negotiation, and management of all assigned real estate contracts, including but not limited to; leases, license agreements, amendments, terminations, purchase agreements, management agreements, statements of work (SOWs), and requests for proposal (RFP). Manages the contract development and negotiation process for facilities initiatives.
- Manages the contract execution process, resolving problems, mitigating delays, mediating disputes and escalating issues to ensure key deadlines are met.
- Works closely with internal Spectrum Health key stakeholders system wide including but not limited to; accounting, finance, legal, compliance, construction, planning, and executive leadership.
- Participates in process improvement and acts as a champion for change.
- Administrates terms of assigned real estate contracts including but not limited to; rent invoicing, CAM budgeting and reconciliation, performance/penalty adjustments where appropriate, and other business terms, with support of in-house real estate accountant. Participates in fair market value analysis, annual budget forecasting and variance tracking.
- Applies a general ability to navigate various software related to real estate management, contract repository and other facility related functions.
- Gains knowledge on compliance and regulation changes affecting health care real estate and works in a coordinated way with the legal and compliance departments to develop the appropriate strategies and methodologies to maintain compliance for all real estate contracts.
- Provides mentoring to less experienced team members and is accountable as a role model for customer service excellence.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of relevant experience negotiating and managing contract lifecycles
- Working knowledge of Stark and Anti-Kickback laws
- Experience in finance or real estate contract management
- Experience working with legal and procurement staff
- Healthcare Real Estate experience, and skilled in best practices for contract negotiation tactics and strategies
- Licensed real estate sales person in State of Michigan