As the Cigar Concierge, you play a critical role in ensuring every customer receives an exceptional customer service experience. You will process transactions, answer questions, stock shelves, and ensure every customer leaves feeling positive about their visit.
Through passion, determination, and perseverance, the Castro brothers have spent a quarter of a century developing a home away from home for all cigar aficionados by building the largest premium cigar retail chain in the state of Maryland, while developing their own unique brand for consumers to enjoy exclusively at Davidus Cigars.
• Deliver exceptional customer service by greeting and establishing a rapport with customers and informing them of our products and services
• Use classic sales techniques and selling procedures to facilitate and increase business
• Process transactions efficiently, advise each customer of our loyalty program and incentives
• Verify customer identification and uphold federal legal age requirements
• Accurately handle cash and credit cards
• Balance the cash register
• Identify customer needs and provide recommendations that connect customers to the right products for them
• Maintain store safety standards
• Maintain store cleanliness
Why should you work for Davidus Cigars?
• Concierges receive a free Castro Brothers brand cigar to enjoy during every shift
• Connect with wonderful people from all professions
• Concierge discount of 25% off most products
• Manufacture sponsored sales spiffs
• Fun, low-stress environment
• Flexible schedules
• Cigar brand trainings
• Personal and salesman growth potential
What are we looking for?
At Davidus Cigars, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best talent in the field. In order to do so, we will be looking for the following requirements on your application:
• Be at least 21 years of age (required by law)
• Retail sales experience (1-2 Years)
• Cigar and pipe knowledge required
• Ability to climb, bend, kneel, and reach
• Ability to stand for entire shift
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Outgoing, upbeat personality
• Commitment to provide exceptional customer service to our guests
• Commitment to work with a team and assume responsibility
• Commitment to maintaining a clean and organized work environment
• Shift times depend on the hours of operations for each store, but shift lengths are typically between 5-8 hours long each
***In order to make accurate recommendations to our customers, you MUST have firsthand knowledge about cigars and/or pipes. Applicants that do not meet this requirement will not be considered.