Applied Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Faculty
Blue Ridge CTC in Martinsburg, WV is hiring
Meeting community needs and improving teaching and learning are among Blue Ridge Community and Technical College’s highest priorities. This flexible faculty position has the opportunity to prepare students for careers for many nationally and globally recognized manufacturers. Opportunities and responsibilities may include teaching, curriculum development and instructional design, and assessing learning. Opportunities for continued technical professional development exist. This position requires industrial experience, a bachelor’s degree, or a combination of experience and education.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position may have a mixture of teaching degree-seeking students, career advancement short courses, and advanced technical training for local manufacturers. Workload will vary depending on the type of project work planned per month or semester. Teaching needs may vary from semester to semester; however, this position will integrate teaching and assessment into a combination of the following:
• Assess technical skill needs in the areas of applied mechanical and manufacturing for production technicians or other local positions.
• Design and deliver training in direct response to local labor market needs.
• Design curriculum into modular units for online learning as part of a team-based activity.
• Teach in degree programs or career advancement short programs as assigned and in collaboration with other faculty.
• Provide training and consulting for workforce initiatives for public and corporate partners.
• Recommend and participate in marketing events and campaigns to promote degrees, short-term courses, and job placement.
• Performs any other duties to drive the College’s Vision, to fulfil the College’s Mission, and to abide by the College’s Values
• Participate in industry recognized certification training to continually upgrade technical skills.
• Travel for professional development and/or training assignments, as well as to state meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering is preferred.
• Associates degree is required in either Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Technology, Plastics, or Heavy Equipment.
• Related degrees will be considered.
• Candidates with considerable industrial experience combined with teaching experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience teaching at the secondary and/or college level is desirable.
• Teaching experience in a community college setting is preferred.
• Experience with online instruction is desired.
• At least 5 years Manufacturing, Robotics, Industrial Electricity, Machining, Plastics, or Engineering is preferred.
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Intermediate computer skills required Positive written and verbal skills required
• Must be able to work with a diverse team
• Must be able to work in a remote setting, different College site locations, and employer site locations
• Must be able to work a variety of day or evening hours as needed
Any industrial certifications will be considered. Journeyman or Master Electrician, Journeyman or Master Machinist, Siemens, Allen-Bradley, robotics or instrumentation equipment certifications are desirable.
Must have an active driver’s license.