21456 Facility Support Specialist II (Open Positions: 1)
Location: Poolesville, Poolesville, MD 20842
Division: SoBran BioScience
Job Status: Full-Time Apply Now
Join The Winning Team…Team SoBran - We are an industry leader in designing professional animal care programs, managing animal facilities, and providing high quality technical support for laboratory animal research projects. At SoBran, we care about people. SoBran's success hinges on our employees. We maintain a professional environment and ensure that our people have the tools and training to achieve; and opportunities for learning and advancement. Our employees' individual talents contribute to our success! We thank you for your interest in SoBran.
SoBran is seeking a Facility Support Specialist II to serve at the National Institutes of Health in Poolesville, Maryland.
This is a general summary of the responsibilities associated with the position of Facility Support Specialist II for the NIH, Division of Veterinary Resources (DVR). This description is not inclusive of all duties required to successfully complete the job each day. It is intended to reflect SoBran’s contractual obligations to the LARC. Employees are expected to complete all assigned duties each day.
OVERVIEW: Responsibilities of this position are that of a Facility Support Specialist II for SoBran’s animal care contracts.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Duty schedules are set at the discretion of the unit supervisor and/or SoBran Management to meet the requirements of the contract. Shifts typically occur between 6:00am and 3:30pm Monday through Friday. Employees may be required to work beyond their scheduled shift or on non-scheduled days when unanticipated or emergency situations arise. Employee must exhibit a desire to learn and a willingness to work to expand their job knowledge.
This person is expected to be familiar with the day-to-day activities, equipment and maintenance issues within the facilities. We expect the individual to be forward thinking to be able to use their knowledge to improve facility efficiency and accomplish a wide variety of tasks.
1. Understand and follow all SOPs and Quality Assurance Standards.
2. Assist floor leader and/or fellow caretakers in daily husbandry tasks as needed. (i.e. health checks, feeding, daily sanitation, cage changing, and enrichment).
3. Identify and fix facility related issues.
4. Assist welder in tack and seam welding components and assemblies using electric, gas, arc or other welding equipment.
5. Assist with welding components in flat, vertical or overhead positions
6. Install or repair equipment such as racks/cages, carts, shelving and other equipment as assigned by management.
7. Assess, repair, and patch water lines.
8. Inspect caging to ensure the safety and security of the animals and staff.
9. Remove rough spots from equipment using a portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
10. Make minor repairs to carts and other assorted equipment (ie. castor replacement).
11. Use creativity to identify opportunities for facility improvement.
12. Develop and fabricate structures as needed.
13. Maintain a schedule to ensure regular preventative maintenance and routine greasing of equipment.
14. Maintain clear records to track caging and facility repairs.
15. Must be able to lift heavy objects, bend, stoop, climb, stand, and work in hot and humid environments for prolonged periods.
16. Safely handle and dispose of hazardous (biohazard, radiological, or chemical) and non-hazardous materials.
17. Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Employees’ appointed to the position of Facility Support Specialist must meet one of the following standards prior to appointment:
• A High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Welding Certification preferred.
• 2-3 years prior experience with general equipment repair, facility maintenance functions, and stainless steel welding.
• Experience working in an animal vivarium with caging and biohazardous materials preferred.
SoBran, is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.