This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the Frederick community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Accountant will perform functions related to general accounting, monthly financial reporting, and budgeting & forecasting; document, implement and follow accounting policies and procedures for assigned responsibilities; confirm and abide by all applicable federal, state and local regulations related to assigned duties; assist in preparation of complete and accurate monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP. Will perform various accounting activities including:
• Monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and balance sheet review
• Reconcile subledger transactions posted to the General Ledger.
• Proper allocation of revenues and expenses to departments, programs and grants.
• Submission of financial data, invoices, reports, etc. to both internal and external customers, funders and stakeholders.
• Assist the Controller in preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting analysis.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and minimum of 1 year of accounting experience.
For more details including how to apply visit our website at www.careers.frederickymca.org.