About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description – Senior Damage Prevention Technician
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a Senior Damage Prevention Technician. This position will coordinate Fairfax Water’s response and tracking of Virginia 811 (MISS Utility) requests and will perform these responsibilities under the Virginia Underground Utility Damage Prevention Act (Act) and the Virginia Administrative Code. Supervises and trains subordinate Damage Prevention Technicians.
Essential functions include:
• Receives Virginia 811 Code 70 tickets daily and provides required responses to contractors.
• Schedules and attends field meetings at the start of construction activities and as necessary to comply with the Act and protect Fairfax Water assets.
• Collects GPS data for utilities crossing Fairfax Water mains as they are uncovered or constructed and submits for inclusion in the GIS system.
• Represents Fairfax Water at Virginia State Corporation Commission meetings that deal with Virginia 811 issues.
• Provides emergency response support as needed in the event of damage to Fairfax Water’s underground assets.
• Completes documentation associated with the Virginia 811 process.
Graduation from high school and a minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in the installation, operation, or maintenance of water systems and related facilities or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. In addition, a minimum of one year experience collecting GPS locations and utility asset attribute data is required.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $56,451.62 to $92,480.54 per annum. Applications must be received by April 19, 2019.