This is a mid-level engineering position where the employee will be responsible for providing support in the advanced configuration, operation and installation of data communications networks. Limited pre-sales work may be performed for basic BOMs and SOWs. This position will be focused on a primary technology vertical such as Collaboration, Route & Switch, Wireless, Data Center or Servers and Storage Field work may include evenings and weekends at remote sites. This position will also begin focusing on a second technology vertical for backup.
DISYS Solutions Inc. (DSI) is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional. If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you! DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Company Sponsored Employee Benefits
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where the employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include medical and dental insurance as well as 401(k) with a company match. DSI provides 3 weeks PTO and 9.5 days Holiday per annum. DSI also provides life insurance in addition to Short and Long Term Disability insurance.
An employee in this position will be working independently and may be responsible for communicating directly with customers. Work may be performed in our Configurations Center or on‐site at customer facilities.
- Basic Pre-sales support with basic SOW and BOM creation.
- Advanced configuration of equipment
- Installing equipment for data communications networks
- Advanced trouble-shooting of equipment for data communications networks
- Maintaining equipment for data communications networks
- Assist in the form of data gathering, site walk through, inventory delivery
- Providing support to end users.
- Escalate issues to manufacturer support or to higher level technical resources
- Perform advanced administration duties such the configuration of routers and switches, patch cabling, modifying existing switches, and performing switch upgrades.
- Will verify that switches and routers as well as their configured network services and protocols operate as intended within a given network specification.
- Will exchange information clearly and concisely and present ideas and report facts and other information.
- May coordinate Junior Engineer, Technicians or temporary staff onsite
- Project Documentation as needed to include office applications and Visio.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
· Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Engineering, Information Technology
· CCNP or equivalent mid-level certification from alternative manufacturer required
· A minimum of 3-5 years of intermediate hands-on experience
· Valid US Driver’s License
· Must possess above average verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills
· Ability to work independently and/or as a part of a team
· Ability to sit for long periods of time
· Ability to follow directions and pay attention to detail
· A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Employee will be required to sit for long periods of time. In addition, employee is required to stand, walk, climb ladders, carry equipment, bend, kneel, crawl, reach, push, and pull. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on an occasional basis.