Seeking a Datacenter Technician with 1 or more years of experience. Datacenter Technicians have the opportunity to work with emerging technologies and state-of-the-art equipment supporting clients who are leaders in their respective industries.
The work will be primarily at two different Ashburn, VA datacenters with occasional work at a Reston, VA datacenter. The driving distance is less than two miles apart for Ashburn datacenters. The candidate must live within a 30 minute drive of Ashburn, VA.
• Install servers, storage systems, and network gear – installation, configuration, documentation, and labeling of all devices and cables to build state-of-the-art datacenter.
• Monitor and control daily case queue.
• Break/Fix hardware and connectivity issues – troubleshoot and coordinate with appropriate team and or/vendor to ensure proper resolution in a timely manner.
• Work closely with internal and external clients to complete routine and emergency maintenances.
• Asset Management and Documentation – maintain spare part inventory and provide documentation for rack diagrams, systems logical and physical diagrams, etc..
• On-call rotation and after hours work when required
• Must have 1 or more years of related industry experience.
• Must be available for weekend and evening work when applicable due to project deadlines, problems, production hours of operation, etc.
• Driven to learn and take on responsibility.
• Must have an innate drive to exceed client expectations at every opportunity.
• Must be extremely professional with all client communications
• Must be able to handle stress and stay calm while troubleshooting issues.
• Experience with installation and cabling of servers and networking equipment such as routers, switches.
• Strong experience with troubleshooting and resolving server hardware problems. Work with vendors on case resolution.
• Must be willing to prioritize work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Must have strong written, verbal, and listening skills.
• Ability to execute manual tasks and lift up to 35 pounds.
• Comp TIA A+, Comp TIA Server +, Comp TIA Network, CCNA, etc..