The Role Description:
LitheSpeed is looking for an energetic holistic agile consultant focused on DevOps Process, Technical Coaching and Process Coaching to work with either a commercial or Federal client, in the Washington Metro Area, on their Agile Transformation journey.
- Strong understanding of Agile concepts including Scrum, Kanban, Product Ownership, and Agile Scaling.
- Passion for and hands-on experience with DevOps, TDD, BDD, refactoring, automation, and Continuous integration
- Technical Agile Coaching experience with engineering teams
- Experience setting up a CI/CD pipeline
- Ability to do structured and ad hoc agile training and mentoring
- Interest in participating in the planning of agile transformations and facilitating agile assessments
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field
- 5+ years Agile Engineering/DevOps experience
- 5-10 years of relevant IT experience
- CSM, CSPO, CSP or other relevant certifications preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well with multiple cross-functional teams to produce an end-to-end offering
- Ability to identify when/where flow of work is impeded
- Ability to assess agility needs and create coaching plan based on client needs
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and work somewhat independently in a client organization
- Strong focus on client delivery
- NOTE: Work with our government clients may require that you be eligible for a security clearance
Our ideal candidate is an accountable leader who will fit into a self-managing role with these self-managing Teal* qualities:
- Highly collaborative
- Capacity to follow through
- Willing to engage with the local community through user groups and Meetups
- Willing to represent LitheSpeed and its culture at national Agile events and conferences
- Strong decision-making and analytical abilities
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
*Ask us about Teal culture
While you will not perform all of these roles all the time, and your role will certainly be shaped around your strengths and interests, here’s what LitheSpeeders look like.
As a front stage Agile Consultant, you can expect a varied and dynamic role as a:
- Coach: Provide process and technical support for Agile teams and various roles
- Mentor: Great listener interested in developing people
- Learner: Explore industry trends & cutting-edge solutions
- Master Craftsman: Hone your skills & seek to continuously improve
- Trainer: Facilitate team workshops and certified courses
- Dynamic Facilitator: Engaging and captivating, comfortable presenting
- Trusted Advisor: Always going above and beyond to provide the right solutions
- Relationship Manager: A responsive professional who solves challenges creatively
Supporting LitheSpeed as a company and working with our back-office team, you can expect to:
- Pitch in with Operations: Support a cross-functional team of delivery and operational roles.
- Grow your Skills: Explore new ideas, contribute to thought leadership, teach others what you are learning
- Sell Work for Others: Seek opportunities at client sites to bring other LitheSpeeders who can provide broader skills, deeper skills, or more help.
- Mentor People: We have a formal mentor/mentee program, but outside of that, we always strive to help others within LitheSpeed to learn the issues, tools, techniques, challenges, and solutions that are in play at all of our current clients.
- Give Honest Feedback: Continuously improve our teamwork through honesty & integrity
- Hire/Transition Out: As an integral part of our small team, you will interview potential hires and help make important team decisions
- Clean the Sink if Needed: We all contribute to the basics as an equal part of the team
- Manage Finance: Track and submit your own hours & expenses
- Schedule Trainings and Subs: Support the team in booking the right people
- Manage Client Accounts: For each client engagement, add to a small, entrepreneurial team that brings sales, marketing, accounting, and operations into the mix.
- Think about LitheSpeed: Commit to growing LitheSpeed as a business, taking on Individual, team and organizational responsibilities.
If you enjoy working on a highly collaborative team and are excited to improve people’s lives through transforming the way they work, we want to get to know you. We seek multifaceted Agilists passionate about leading the journey to Agile transformation on many fronts. Joining Team LitheSpeed also provides an exciting opportunity to be a part of a crew of self-starting, hardworking folks focused on selflessly helping our clients, growing our skills, supporting our team and continuously learning in order to improve the world at large.
Location/Region: Herndon, VA