Kensington Glass Arts (KGa) is seeking a
Preconstruction Administrator (PA) to support the Preconstruction Team in in our office in Frederick, MD. We specialize in design, fabrication, and
installation of exterior curtain walls, aluminum metal panels, and high-end interior glass tenant build-outs for projects in Maryland, Washington, DC and
The PA will keep the Pre-construction Team
informed of submittal status of all projects throughout the Pre-construction phase, be involved in meetings, manage paperwork flow, and be
trusted with the details of projects. We are seeking someone who can manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, and confidently engage with staff of all levels. Flexibility, intelligence,
attention to detail, organizational skills, customer service skills and excellent judgment will be critical to your success. Must be proficient in Word and
Excel. Construction experience, preferably in the glass industry, is strongly recommended. See full
job description below.
The Preconstruction Administrator (PA) provides a broad range of administrative duties in support of the Pre-Con Team, to insure timely delivery and turnover of newly awarded projects to PM teams.
• Maintain Pre-Con specific systems, and log and
update files required in the submittal stage.
• Review and track critical path milestones, report
progress regularly, and alert team when corrective
action needs to be made.
• Issue updates to PM Teams relating expected
delivery dates of shop drawings & submittals
and possible issues.
• Collect and distribute contract document revisions
to Preconstruction Manager and Pre-Con
• Communicate with vendors to expedite deliveries
of samples when expected sample deliveries are
not meeting deadlines.
• Respond to contractor, vendor and staff inquiries,
and serve as liaison to the Director of
Preconstruction and Vice President.
• Provide general administrative support to the
Director of Preconstruction and Vice President.
• Pre-Con Administrator will be OSHA 10 certified.
• Review, log and file project Drawings,
Specification Manuals and other Contract
• Download and track revisions to contract
documents throughout the Pre-Con stage.
• Collect project related product samples and
submittals, and prepare, label and ship for
submittal to GC’s.
• Issue booking orders to vendors and provide
deposit information to PM teams & Finance
Department to facilitate release of product
• Create Job Set-up Sheet for newly awarded
• Contact GC’s to obtain CAD files, project
schedules, LEED cover sheets, and miscellaneous
• Track and coordinate acquisition and distribution
of samples, files and other information required to
complete submittal process on schedule.
• Inspect and log incoming product samples, and
print and apply product sample labels,
• Pack and prepare submittal samples for shipment.
• File all digital documents in job folders and/or
ComputerEase data base.
• Interact with Pre-Con team members and vendors
daily to track sample submittal status and shop
drawings for new projects; Update Pre-Con
• Track and file all project documents throughout the
Preconstruction phase of the project.
• Schedule meetings; file, scan and photocopy;
handle incoming and outgoing mail, email and
• Print construction documents as needed.
All candidates must have the ability to work at our Frederick location and submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check. We offer a
comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long and short term disability and a 401(k) plan. Please apply at www.kensingtonglass.com and click on “Work for Us.
”Kensington Glass Arts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.