Soltesz is currently accepting resumes for the full-time position of Field Technician in our Rockville, MD office. Soltesz is a successful, long established civil engineering firm in the Washington DC metro area specializing in the areas of site engineering, landscape architecture, environmental science and surveying. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• As part of the land survey crew, assists with construction stake out, boundary surveys and topographic mapping.
• Assists in the operation of total station data collector, level, and other survey equipment for field survey sites.
• Helps to maintain survey supplies in company vehicle and restock supplies as needed.
• Gathers survey data to be used as a base plan.
• Assists in the marking and measuring of field points.
• Places survey stakes and irons.
• Assists with documentation and notes collection of survey activities in the field.
• Cut and clear brush and trees from line of survey as needed.
• Minimum of 0-2 years’ field survey or construction experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be willing to work in extreme weather conditions (i.e., cold, hot).
• Must be able to walk, bend, squat, and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to read, write and understand English.
• Valid Driver’s License preferred.
• Hours are 6:30 am to 3 pm; at times overtime will be required.
Please apply online today.