TOWN OF THURMONT
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT –
This part time position is scheduled for 20 hours per week, year round, and reports to the Economic Development Manager. The schedule requires weekend and evening work as needed.
Critical duties include:
• Assists with grant submissions and management of
• Create, maintain and update online business directory
• Maintain and update business retention reports
• Operate office equipment including copier, scanner,
fax, credit card machine, etc.
• Assists with Main Street program and state reporting
• Preparation of reports, memos, correspondence, and
• Maintains internal records
Public Outreach & Event Oversight
• Communicating with business owners
• Oversight of events including Farmers’ Market, Gallery
Strolls, Business Openings, Holiday Events, etc.
• Assists with marketing and advertisements
• May be asked to assist with other activities including
Green Team events and park events
• Provide customer service duties at the Main Street
• Other duties as assigned
• Valid Driver’s License
• Proficient in computer skills associated with general
office work (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Business related college classes; 5 years of
experience in related field; or combination of both
• Must be available to work weekend or evening events
Salary - $15.00 per hour
Employee Benefits include accrual of paid vacation and sick leave; enrollment in the Maryland State Retirement System
APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED THROUGH JUNE 23, 2020
The Town of Thurmont is a drug free work environment. Prospective employees must pass a pre-employment drug test and a physical.
Apply online at www.Thurmont.com or at the Municipal Offices, 615 East Main Street, Thurmont, MD 21788. Phone: 301-271-7313, 8 A.M. – 4 P.M, Mon.- Fri. EOE